I am Pepper.....

I am Laura Pepper, and this is my Blog about living in San Francisco, and other stuff - daily stuff. I moved here in July 2012. Sometimes, screaming isnt enough. Joyful screaming or just damn out-right 'what the hell?' kind of screaming..

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I live here.

Everyday I make a conscious effort to remind myself that 'I live here'.

Its usually as I drive to work on the 101. The sun is usually rising and its orange glow hits the top of the cars as we head south.
Its too easy in the long busy days at work to forget I am here. I made it. Getting bogged down in the day to day stuff, I could easily take it all for granted.

It was about 9 months all in all from deciding that I needed a change to it actually happening. It was hard work, and my friends kept me going through all the ups and downs that surrounded my need to change things.

I read my friend Jo's blog yesterday - 'Dear Ella' - and she wrote to Ella quoting Andy Warhol ..


“They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”
-Andy Warhol

 

 This is so very true. I did.

 

I live here.




1 comment:

  1. A Frisco artist's funky sculpture:
    http://boingboing.net/2013/01/13/kinetic-toothpick-sculpture-of.html

    ReplyDelete